Remote, Austin TX, Montreal QC
Senior PHP Developer
NOTE: This position is not actively seeking candidates at this time. We will always consider talented candidates to join our team and we encourage you to send your resume, but please be aware that this position is mostly closed.
You’re the kind of person for whom software makes you tick. It’s in your blood; you love great software, and you strive to develop it every single day. You know what makes architecture great, and also know when pragmatism is called for. You know all the rules, and yet you’re willing to break them from time to time.
As a Senior PHP Developer with Rebilly, you’ll be responsible for guiding the development and design of our subscription billing service. You’ll lead a team of developers to produce the highest quality software possible, and you’ll be responsible for mentoring them along the way.
Our problems are hard, requiring dedication, expertise and the ability to look at solutions from many different angles. It will be your job to make the hard choices and deliver on time, bug-free code that delights our clients and maximizes their value.
You’ll need to have passion, vision, and courage in order to take Rebilly to the next level and to make us the leading subscription billing service by 2025.
Here’s what a typical day will look like at Rebilly:
- Split your time between coding and leading, including weekly 1-on-1 meetings with other team members
- Review developer code, providing suggestions on how, where and when to make improvements.
- Mentor others with an emphasis on our core values, and above all maximizing customer success.
- Help identify new initiatives, design new products and services, and improving our processes.
- Work closely with developers on your team, and with the leads of other teams.
- Assist with the mentorship and leadership of developers.
You will be responsible for leading the team to accomplishment of one or more of our key results. These key results include:
- Supporting additional billing use-cases as needed by our clients and prospects.
- Innovating features that reduce involuntary churn, and measure and report the impact to our clients.
- Improved uptime and reliability.
- Increased test coverage and code quality.
Applying and Interviewing
Apply by API. Then, expect to hear from us with a small code challenge, unless you have extensive open source contributions. After reviewing that, we will schedule your first interview within one week. If the first interview went well, we may schedule up to 2 additional interviews. Then, we will let you know our decision to extend an offer within 2 more days. The total process should take less than 2 weeks.
Rebilly is a SaaS company that offers a subscription-based billing automation system to maximize our merchants customer lifetime values.
Simply put: we’ve created a payment system that helps businesses who need to handle recurring invoices and payments. We took lessons learned from years of experience in the subscription business and millions of subscribers and applied them to make our payment system clever, flexible, and easy to use for our clients.
Rebilly SRL uses ApplyByAPI, an automatic screening process for technical candidates.
To apply for this role:
- Send a POST request to
https://applybyapi.com/gentoken/with a valid JSON object in the POST body containing:
- the ID of this posting as the value
If your POST request is correct, you will receive a token, which is valid for 5 minutes.
- Send a POST request to
- a content-type of multipart/form-data
- required fields
- supply your resume as an attachment (must be PDF) with the
- optional fields
A successful application will return an application ID, and you will receive an email confirmation.
Post jobs. Automatically screen your technical candidates.